Vision and Purpose of the Evangelical Free Church of Canada
The term Evangelical refers to our commitment to the proclamation of the Gospel and to the authority of Scripture as being inerrant in the original writings and the only safe guide for faith and practice.
The term Free refers to our form of church government as being congregational, depending upon the active participation of believers for decisions and directions.
“To glorify God by serving in the birth and growth of healthy churches across Canada and around the world.”
The phrase “birth of” implies a refocusing on church planting as well as church health.
What We Value
1. Obeying God’s Word (How we live)
2. Proclaiming our Statement of Faith (What we believe)
3. Living Out a Global Concern (Where we minister)
4. Ministering Through the Local Church (How we function)
5. Practicing our Character and Calling (How we look)
6. Maintaining Cultural Relevance (How we relate to the world)