The Manager of Member Care and Development (MMCD) serves as an advocate for missionary care and development for the EFCCM.
- The MCCD is responsible for the envisioning, as well as implementation and coordination of a multi-layered, organization-wide Missionary Care model and practice within the EFCCM. This is primarily accomplished by fostering an understanding of each person’s ongoing need for coaching relationships and purposefully coordinating intentional connections between missionaries and ministry coaches, between EFCCM missionaries, and between missionaries and other sources of specialized member care such as sending churches, the MORE network, counsellors, retreat centers etc. The MMCD will enlist the local church, pastors to missionaries, peer care and other resources in this plan of missionary care.
- The MCCD will also manage the use of short-term teams/mission projects within the EFCCM. The MCCD will coordinate and develop opportunities with missionaries, EFCC leaders and local churches to develop, recruit, and grow mission personnel and the projects they engage in. The majority of the administrative work of short term will be carried out by admin assistant staff. The MMCD works closely with other managers and leads a team of ministry coaches for the spiritual health and development of EFCCM missionaries.
ACCOUNTABILITY & RELATIONSHIPS
The MMCD is directly accountable to the EFCCM Director through monthly reporting, an Annual Review performed by the EFCCM Director, as well as regular updates given to the team of managers. As a member of the team of managers, the MMC keeps the EFCCM Director informed of member care issues and concerns.
The MMCD has the freedom to manage member care within the parameters of this job description, the yearly budget, and according to the organizational Mission, Vision, and Values.
The MMCD participates in the screening of all missionary applicants but does not have authority over missionary personnel in terms of changing the conditions of employment or implementing disciplinary measures.
The MMCD develops relationships with EFC churches, coordinating care of missionaries with the church. The MMCD also works with the local church collaboratively to help develop missionary maturity, effectiveness and to further grow the project (replace with Mission?) through short term mission trips and other avenues.
The MMCD strives to ensure Missionaries experience holistic care at many levels by participating in several days of vision sharing, professional development and strategic planning, under the leadership of the EFCCM Director and together with other mission leaders, caregivers, and coaches at least once a year.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- Committed, mature Christian with a firm commitment to EFCC’s Mission, Vision and Statement of Faith.
- Desire to serve in Christian Ministry and conduct oneself in a Christ-like manner.
- Excellent relational and people serving skills that enable this person to work collaboratively and in sync with others’ timelines and priorities.
- Experience and training in Missionary Member Care, counselling, or life coaching.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with discretion and confidentiality.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks with efficient timing. The ability to work well under schedule and time pressures.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer proficiency.
To download a PDF of the Job Description CLICK HERE