The EFCC Home Office needs a web developer and social media coordinator. Is this you?
This is a fast-paced role, which faces the need to coordinate many concurrent tasks and operations. Yet despite the hustle-and-bustle, it’s an environment where you can:
- Expect to be valued as a person, not just a cog in a machine
- Expect encouragement to grow as a person, not just an employee
- Expect to be supported by all your colleagues
The position will be accountable to the Communications Catalyst.
Core information you need to know:
- Our website is running on WordPress, and needs to be cleaned-up and refreshed
- It is currently integrated with an industry-standard e-commerce platform
- Our public is the group of churches in Canada and the community of missionaries we serve around the world
- This is a new role, so you’ll need to be able to both take initiative and be flexible as things change
Where we’re going next:
- We need to improve the structure and searchability of the website
- We need to make the content of the website more dynamic, with regular updates from all of our sources (getting information will be a team effort)
- We need to use the web content we’re creating to boost engagement across our 3 chosen social media platforms (Facebook [aka Meta], Instagram and Twitter)
Who you are working with:
- You will be a vital member of a team of 3 in the communications department, headed by the Communications Catalyst and collaborating directly with the Communications Coordinator
- Home Office is a team of about 20 people, mostly based in our Langley location, but also working remotely
- We are establishing a new culture of storytelling and engagement throughout our national and international community; it is our job to tell the inspiring story of what God is doing in our midst, and encourage people to be a part of it
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Key skills you need to have:
- Website development and content management (in WordPress is a plus)
- Graphic design experience (we use the Affinity suite)
- Comfort in social media platforms
Our organizational convictions need you to have:
- A committed, mature Christian faith with a firm commitment to EFCC’s Mission, Vision and Statement of Faith
- A desire to serve in Christian Ministry and conduct yourself in a Christ-like manner
If you’ve got what we are looking for and like the sounds of how we work, then we want to see your resume and cover letter (really important to us!). We appreciate all interest but cannot respond to all applicants. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Download a PDF of this Job Description by Clicking Here
Position: 4 days/week
Closing Date: January 15, 2022
Please send all applications to Cathy de la Rambelje at firstname.lastname@example.org.